Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week of 4/15/13 – 4/21/13.

I had a lot of anger this week. I never managed to be genuinely afraid but I more than made up for that lack of emotion with fury. I channeled that rage into my training and had my highest mileage week since early 2010 and ran a <18 Tuesday night 5k and my longest ever training run. I will not discuss Monday’s events here. The news will tell you what was going on around here and you don’t need me to rehash all of that. Here is my training:
  • Monday: 5.06 miles in 36:06.
  • Tuesday: 6.41 miles in 43:27 including the Good Times 5k in 17:59. This was Rose Maguire’s Great Mill Girl Chase 5k which means that the women got a 2:30 head start on the men. This meant that once we caught up with the women we had to weave through traffic on the trail which slowed us down a bit but it was a fun run anyway.
  • Wednesday: 12.41 miles in 1:28:53. I was unsure whether I should go to the d5k or the Wakefield lake 5k so instead I ran in Cambridge. There were tons of runners out showing that there was no fear among us runners in Boston.
  • Thursday: 5.06 miles in 39:11 at lunch and 9.44 miles in 1:08:59 after work. I ran the No Rest for the Wicked in honor of those from Boston.
  • Friday: 5.06 miles in 37:31 at lunch.
  • Saturday: 10.00 miles in 1:12:39. This was supposed to be tempo, but I was out late raising toasts on Friday night so I just did an easy run off of about three hours of sleep.
  • Sunday: 24.53 miles in 3:03:11. I woke up, put on my running gear and went out without breakfast or water for a long “depletion” run. I thought that by running on empty that I would be running 22 miles in 3:00:00 but thought I was running easier than that so I kept going until 1:35:00 before turning around. I was surprised that despite the distance and intentional hunger and dehydration this run felt so easy. I’m starting to feel the confidence that I had when I ran 1:00:30 at Jones.
I still have work to do, but I am starting to get excited to get after it at the Maine Coast Marathon.

14 weeks down; 3 weeks to go. It's crunch time!

Run For Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment