Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Starting to move again


My last week of training wasn’t sexy but I started doing workouts again and got in some decent mileage.

4/01/13 – 4/07/13
  • Monday: rest. I ended March with a 16.44 mile run which was my second longest run YTD so a rest day was in order.
  • Tuesday: 7.00 miles in 47:09. I did miles on the treadmill to start getting back into speed work. Easy mile in 7:30, mile rep in 5:45, easy mile in 7:30, mile rep in 5:45, easy mile in 7:30, mile rep in 5:39, easy mile in 7:30. This was much slower than I was doing on the track a month and a half ago but for my first speed work in almost a month I’ll take it.
  • Wednesday: 9.55 miles in 1:11:00. I ran the Danvers 15k with a little add-on. I didn’t time the run right so I had too much time to cool off before the d5k started so I skipped the race and went home.
  • Thursday: rest.
  • Friday: 10.06 miles of Hills in 1:18:31. Ran repeats on Park Street. This was my first hill workout in a while so I was OK with it being a little on the slow side.
  • Saturday: 10.00 miles in 1:13:22. First 2.50 miles were the easy run over to Porter Square where I tested out the Brooks Pure Flow2 trainers for 5.00 miles at MP (actually closer to 6:40 than 6:30, but close enough to MP for now) then ran easy for the 2.50 miles home.
  • Sunday: 19.19 miles in 2:32:41. This is the farthest I have ever run without taking liquids or eating anything. It was also the farthest out west of I-95 that I’ve run on the bike path…I lost the path somewhere in Beford and turned around over by the high school. Anyone know if there is any more bike path out past the Bedford Depot? My big toe on my right foot split open ~15 miles into this one so my form was a bit off for the last 4 miles which dropped my pace quite a bit but I put a Band-Aid on so I think it is OK now. After I got home, Sarah and I went for a hike in the Fells with Sarah and Harold; I think this helped shake out any lingering soreness from the long run.

Looking over the calendar, I think that I will only have two more legitimate long runs before I have to start cutting my mileage back for Maine Coast…I’ve got to make those two runs count!
 
I'll need to actually post my weekly update on time next week so I can focus on the Boston Marathon on Monday (which I'm not running)!

12 weeks down and just 5 weeks remaining until race day!!!

May your training miles be ever hilly and may all your races have free beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment