Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A day late and a dollar short...


As my post on Sunday pointed out; I missed my long run last week. I ran 15.32 in 1:50:35 yesterday to get in a long run of sorts. I did it on the treadmill at my hotel in Saratoga Springs. The plan was to run for 2 hours, but had to cut off the last 10 minutes of the workout to deal with some work emails (maybe I shouldn't have brought my phone with me).

Here’s the plan for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: Track Workout.
Wednesday: MP (probably on the treadmill as I’ll still be in icy Upstate NY.
Thursday: Hills on Park Ave in Arlington.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 20-30 minutes easy.
Sunday: Great Stew Chase 15k. Part of me wants to run this at MP to practice racing at a 6:40 min/mile pace but the rest of me wants to go out and just race it. That second part of me’s probably going to win. I’d love to get my average pace sub 6 on this one but we’ll see how fresh I can get the legs by race day.

Here's a side-by-side of me "after" in 2013 and "before" in 2006. In the 2006 race I ran 37:03 for the 8k (7:28.2 min/mile pace) in 2013 race I ran 1:20:50 for the half marathon (6:09.9 min/mile pace). Clearly growing a beard makes you faster.

 

May your training miles be ever hilly and may all your races have free beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment